Saturday, August 27, 2011

Writing from a brand new laptop!

I ordered a laptop a little over a week ago to use for work (and leisure) for my senior year, and it finally came today!  My dad already set everything up, and I already signed into all of my accounts!  I installed missing e on Tumblr, but I haven't started saving my gifs yet.  I also downloaded iTunes, but I can't figure out how to get home sharing to work, so I'm transferring purchases from my iPod, but it's only doing 749 songs when I actually have about 1800 songs.  That does not make me happy, but hopefully I can figure it out soon.

I know you guys probably want to hear about Pottermore.  I went on last night and stopped when I got to Hogwarts because my mum told me to go to bed.  My wand is Fir and Unicorn, 12 inches!  This morning, before getting sorted, I recorded a video about how I'll have an identity crisis of I'm not in Hufflepuff.

I took the quiz and was sorted into...Slytherin.

I'm legitimately confused as to how on earth the Sorting Hat put me into Slytherin.  I've never been told that I have any Slytherin-like qualities, whereas people who didn't know I'm a Hufflepuff have told me that I have Hufflepuff-like qualities.  I have nothing against Slytherin house, I really like it actually.  I'm just...confused.

Today I've tried to come to terms with my Slytherin-ness, but I don't think that'll happen.  A part of me will always remain in Hufflepuff, no matter where Jo says I should be.

I don't know how they expect people who have already known that they are in Hufflepuff to identify with some other house if they're sorted elsewhere.  Hufflepuffs are loyal, and I'm sorry Jo, but I'm remaining loyal to my house.

I'll probably make another account when October comes along and try to get sorted into Hufflepuff.  I don't feel bad for not wanting to identify with Slytherin.  I just...I honestly don't think I have any Slytherin in me at all.  I suppose I should at least finish book one on Pottermore though, because I do have the early access.

Here's to hoping no one else has an identity crisis!

Books read: 18
Disneyland trips: 12
Current song: None because home sharing and stuff on iTunes is stupid >.<

P.S. Click the link where it says "I recorded a video" to see that video that I recorded, just in case you didn't figure that out :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm really nervous about the sorting! But I can't wait for my welcome e-mail.

    ReplyDelete