Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Goodbye August

I suppose this really means summer is ending.  I mean, it's been over for me for a while but it's still felt like summer, despite having to go to school every day.  I don't mind school too much, I really like all of my classes, it's just the waking up early that I can't stand.

Tomorrow is the welcome rally at school.  Everyone gets to wear their class t-shirts and seniors get to wear non-uniform shorts and classes are all five minutes shorter and it should be lots of fun.  Plus the school is providing lunch for seniors and freshmen tomorrow as a part of welcome week!  It'll probably be pizza or something, but I like pizza.  Pizza is good.

Auditions were today, and I thought they went horribly.  I know I'm probably exaggerating, but I really don't think I did well at first.  I couldn't find a male partner for any scenes to read because all my guy friends were already doing scenes with other girls so I ended up having to read with my friend's little sister.  So we picked a scene, and after practising three times, my friend Kelley came late and nobody else needed a partner for a scene so we decided to change ours to a three-person one to help her out.  I was doing alright while reading through it outside, but when I got onstage in front of Mr. B, I got really nervous because auditions are always nerve-wracking!  I kept messing up at first, and there would be long silences where I couldn't find my next line on the paper.  When I went to Lang to sing for the musical, I didn't know any of the songs from the show, so he suggested to sing Alicia Keys or Christina Aguilera or something and I didn't want to sing them because they're talented and I'm...not.  I ended up singing a church song because I know church songs because of choir.  Then I did scales and those sucked.

I'd rather have a part in Night of the Living Dead, though, so I'll probably go back to auditions tomorrow and read for Mr. B again and redeem myself.  He already knows me and knows I can do this and handle this, so hopefully I'll get a callback, then I'll get cast...  Plus my friend Bianca is going to be assistant director so I'd get to see her every day!  (Being in different grades and having no classes together, I only end up seeing her a few times a week).  One problem (that I can't remember if I've mentioned it already or not) is that after callbacks on Friday, we have a three-day weekend so, unless the cast list is emailed out on Monday, I won't know if I got a part until Tuesday.  I hate waiting!!  Just...hopefully I'll get something!  If you're religious, pray for me!  If not, wish for me!

This month of August has been great.  Some of my posts actually had some purpose or topic other than me just talking about my day or complaining about having to write or apologizing for how horrible my post was today or all three!  I know I said a few days ago that I was getting sick of BEDA, but now I think I'll kind of miss it.  If I get cast in Night of the Living Dead, I'll definitely write soon about how happy and excited I am for the next five weeks (did I mention that there's only five weeks of rehearsal before it opens?) and if not, it might be a while before you hear from me.

Here's to a lovely September.

Books read: 18
Disneyland trips: 11
Current song: Because We Want To - Billie Piper

P.S. I think my new favorite word is sillage.  I hope it's okay that it's French.  If you know what it means, bonus points to you!  Two hints: the Google translate definition isn't correct and I found it in An Abundance of Katherines.

P.P.S. I think I want to learn how to speak French.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you. I'm sure you did better than you thought!

    ReplyDelete