Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Whimsic Alley!

I went to Whimsic Alley today and it was, for lack of a better word to describe it, magical!

We went there in the morning, and the place is just filled with Harry Potter merchandise!  On one side there's different clothes, like robes and pullover sweaters, vests and cardigans, and they have colors for each of the houses on them.  They've also got the basic hats, scarves, and ties.  I saw house socks, too.  Those were cool!  And there was an entire room of hats!  There was the Sorting Hat, McGonagall's hat, the normal Hogwarts pointed hat, they even had Luna's lion hat!  I really want to get Luna's hat next time I go, it was awesome.

On the other side as lots of toys or games and books and quills & ink and some just...random things!  But they were all fantastic.  They had a lot of things from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, like Pigmy Puffs and other stuffed animals.  And in the book section, there weren't just Harry Potter related books.  They had other books that one might like if they're fans of the Harry Potter series, so I thought that was cool (except for the fact that they had a bit of Twilight-- not good).

I expected the candy section to have more Harry Potter candies than it actually did.  I remember you used to be able to find all sorts of Potter candy like Fizzing Whizbees, Ice Mice, Acid Pops, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, Chocolate Frogs, etc.  Now, all there ever seems to be is Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some Bertie Bott's but I loved getting Chocolate Frogs!  And Fizzing Whizbees and Acid Pops were quite good too!  However, I tried Drooble's once and it made me gag.  But it would be nice to be able buy more than just Bertie Bott's beans.  I was surprised we couldn't find anything besides that at Whimsic Alley.

The reason we had gone there is because my 17th birthday was a few weeks ago and I haven't had a party yet, so I'm going to have a Harry Potter themed party (because you know how big the 17th birthday is in the wizarding world), so we got little things to put in gift bags like Bertie Bott's and temporary scar tattoos.

Aside from those, my sister bought the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook (or something like that), my mum bought a little notebook, and I bought a pair of radish earrings!  I'm wearing them right now.  Oh, and my sister and I got temporary Dark Mark tattoos!  Now I know where to get that again, because I'm going to be Bellatrix for Halloween!

Here's a picture of those radish earrings, if you can see.  Sorry, I look bad.

If you're ever in the LA area, you should definitely check out Whimsic Alley.  It's a fantastic place to go for any Harry Potter fan!

Books read: 14
Disneyland trips: 9
Current song: none, I'm listening to the sound of drums, like the Master could hear all the time.  I've been listening to them for about an hour and still feel, for the most part, normal, but it's getting a bit irritating.  I want to see how long I can last.

No comments:

Post a Comment