Saturday, August 20, 2011

I saw Fright Night today!

I normally don't like horror movies because I get scared too easily, but I just had to see this film because, well, David Tennant is in it!  But it actually wasn't that scary.  It was more intense.

And it was a horror/comedy, so I think it was actually more funny than scary.  There were parts when I started laughing out loud!  One line I really loved was:

Charlie: If we set him on fire, how do I get close enough to stab him?
Peter Vincent: ....fuck.

There were a few times where David Tennant's character, Peter Vincent, reminded me of the Doctor.  Well, Tennant's Doctor at least.  Especially when Charlie asked him how to kill a vampire and one of his suggestions was, "You could make him a big, garlic-y omelet."  And then he asked if those would actually work and he said, "Well, I suppose the omelet might not work..."  When he said well it reminded me so much of the Doctor, because the Doctor would say that a lot.  And he would ramble about silly things like that.

Anyway, I thought Fright Night was a pretty good movie!  I've never seen the original, so I can't compare them, but I really like this one.

Also, I just heard that David Tennant will also be making an appearance in Let's Kill Hitler next week!  I'm pretty sure it's true because he was listed in the cast for that episode on IMDB, I checked.  Some people think it's a flashback, but I'm hoping it might be at least a little peek into the metacrisis Doctor's life with Rose, because Rose is going to be in that episode too.

Basically, I'm very excited for Doctor Who to come back next Saturday!

Books read: 17
Disneyland trips: 11
Current song: Gone - Lauren Fairweather

1 comment: