Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to my dad!

Today's my dad's birthday, so we just got back from BJ's where we had a lot of pizza and salad and pizookie.  The pizookie is always the best part though.  If you don't know what that is, it's basically heaven on a plate: a freshly baked giant cookie with two scoops of ice cream on the top.  I was sharing one with my dad and he only had a few bites, so I ate most of it, and now...I'm in a food coma.

I was practically asleep on the car ride home, then I almost fell asleep when I got to my room, but I remembered that I still needed to write my blog post for today, so here I am.

The first day of my senior year was today, and what I got from it is, well, this is going to be a great year.  I'm in the same section as my friend Ruby, and the classroom is right across the hall from our other friends' section.  We all signed up to go on the same Kairos retreat together (next month!), and not to mention all of the drama productions that are going on this year, all the senior activities, and just getting to spend the year with my absolutely amazing friends.

Things are pretty much back to normal (in more ways than one), and I'm pretty sure that's a good thing, so I'm really thankful for that.

I'm just really excited for this year.

Books read: 16
Disneyland trips: 11 (I might go on Sunday? Hopefully!)
Current song: None, but I can hear Modern Family on television in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment