Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm glad I have a supportive family.

I've known that I want to major in English in college, and that I want to be some type of writer when I'm older.  Whether it be on a website, in a newspaper, for a television show, or even publishing a novel, I want to write.

Careers with writing aren't necessarily sparse today.  Newspapers are starting to go out of print, more people are using e-readers (which, I suppose doesn't have anything to do with the publication of novels, but I'd want a book I write to be like, a an actual book), and writing for film or television would be very difficult to get into, I'd imagine.  Despite all this, my family has been fairly supportive.

They're encouraging me to go to colleges that have good English or writing programs, they let me read a lot, and they haven't complained about the path I've decided to take.  If anything, I'm probably more worried about it than they are!  Nonetheless, I'm thankful that they're not trying to force me into doing something I won't enjoy.  Like algebra. *shudders*

However, recently my dad has been wanting me to write.  I mean, yes, it's because he cares about me and wants me to practice writing as much as I can, but it's getting really annoying.  The other day, he had me write three paragraphs about a boy, a dog, and a trolley before 9:00 or he said he would kick me off the computer (which he should've done because I still have homework, but whatever).  Now he wants me to continue that story, but when I wrote it, I ended it without the intention of continuing it.  He just keeps pestering me to keep writing and it's rather annoying.

I'd rather write when I'm inspired or when I want to, not when someone's forcing me to.  Hm, I wonder how stressful it'll be my first time doing NaNoWriMo...

Books read: 15
Disneyland trips: 11
Current song: http://nyantardis.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment