Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thinking about the future

I really should be doing AP homework right now, but I'm not.  I'm just thinking about the future.

I'm starting my senior year of high school in eleven days, and I'm kind of just realizing how quickly that's going to go by.  I'm starting to get a little worried about having to apply for college.  That'll definitely be a stressful time.  Then once that's over, I'll have to wait months for acceptance letters.  That'll also be pretty stressful.

But what I'm trying to get at is high school doesn't last forever.  This will probably be the last year I go to school with my friends.  Of course, I'm going to stay friends with them in college, but I won't see them every day like I do now.  I'll miss them a lot.  And, you hear how everyone hated going to high school and no one had a good high school experience except the popular kids, but I honestly love my school.  It's a great school.  I've met so many amazing people, and most of the teachers are great, and it's just a really great school.  So I'll definitely miss my school as well.

Aside from that, I'm actually really looking forward to college.  Once I get my general ed classes out of the way, I'll get to take classes all about English or creative writing, so I'm really excited for that.  I'm excited to be a bit more independent than I am now because, honestly, I'm totally dependent on my parents.  Sure, it'll probably be stressful at times, but being independent and having more freedom will probably be better in the long run.

What I'm worried about is what to do after college.

Books read: still 14, but I'm working on it!
Disneyland trips: 11
Current song: none, I might take this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment