Saturday, April 30, 2011

Goodbye April

This month of BEDA has been a great experience for me!  I will definitely be doing this again next year.

There are only a few more hours are left in April, and I am going to miss this month.  There were so many great things going on, from DTASC to spring break, both of which ended with the month.  I start school this week, and DTASC was today.  I still have a bit of homework to finish, and a Spanish project to do, but I don't want to think about that right now, because I'm still living in earlier today.

Wow.  DTASC was just incredible.  I enjoyed this one so much more than the fall competition.  Possibly because there were more of my friends doing it this time?  Though I quite liked the smaller group we had last time, too.  All of the categories that my school was competing in made it to semi-finals, so that was fantastic.  Then, there were three groups who made it into finals- one in each division.  The A division large group comedy made it to finals, and they got honorable mention.  B division Shakespeare CSI made it to finals, and they got 5th place!  And my group in C division, large group drama, made it to finals, and we got 6th place!  Technically 6th place doesn't get a trophy, so we just got an honorable mention plaque, but we were all still so happy!  We got semi-finalist ribbons, which were green, and finalist ribbons, which were yellow.

Funny story (well, at least I think it's funny)- when they were announcing who made it to finals, my group was one of the last ones that was announced.  I think all that was left was large group drama and large group comedy.  They didn't say the title of the category, they just said it was category 7, and I thought 7 was large group comedy.  So when I saw our school code up on the sign, I cheered and tried looking for someone in that group.  But then people started shouting my name and Lisa said, "Aimee! We made it to finals!"  Then I started freaking out because I did not expect that at all.  And we hugged and rejoiced.  It was amazing.

Besides that, and Mr. B. making a group of 2500 drama geeks lose the game (by the way, you just lost), my day was pretty normal and fun- hanging out with friends, eating nutella, etc.  Overall, it was just an amazing day and I'm glad I got to go to DTASC again and share the day with my amazing friends.

Anyway, I'm really tired and I have to be up early to work on the Spanish project I mentioned earlier, so I'll probably go to bed soon.  I hope you all had a wonderful April, and I will see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment