Monday, April 4, 2011

Day Four? Is that it?

It feels like it's much further into the month of April than just four days. Probably because the last four days have been kind of eventful. Well, at least Friday and today have been eventful. And tomorrow probably will be too.

Today, I had an in-class essay in English. I wasn't too worried about it, but then my teacher spends about half the class going over basic essay writing stuff. I know how to write a freaking essay, thank you. I understand that some people might not be as good at it, but still. Don't punish the people who have a lot to write about by explaining basic stuff and giving us less time. God, I can't wait to take AP English next year because, I swear, some of my classmates are just not smart, to be blunt. Anyway, I thought I was doing pretty well on the essay and I remembered to relate each body paragraph back to my thesis (which I forgot to do last time, heh). But then my teacher announces we have fifteen minutes left and I've still got like, three and a half paragraphs to go, so I start rushing! Then, as soon as I finish my last body paragraph, she says we have two and a half minutes left. So I have two and a half minutes to write my conclusion, and I already suck and conclusions, so this one was just awful. And I ended up having to stay a few minutes after school to staple it  and write my ID number and get the papers in order and stuff. Gah. It was just not fun.

Oh, but at lunch (which was before English class-- I apologize for going out of order), I was in the drama room. I mentioned my friend Thalia who was probably going to move to Japan next year. Well, she found out yesterday whether she was going to leave or not and hadn't announced it yet. At lunch, she got out some little cupcakes that she made when we asked her if she was staying. When we took off the top, the letters on the cupcakes spelled out "I'm staying!" Then we were all really excited and hugged her.

I'm feeling really lazy today, so I'm not going to talk too much about DTASC practice after school. Zack wasn't there and we still don't have an Edmund, but we started basic blocking a little and figured out how Lisa and I are going to die. So that was fun.

And now tomorrow, I have junior retreat, so I don't have to go to my classes.

Disneyland Trips: 4
Books Read: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment