Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day Two

Another thing special about this month, aside from BEDA, is that April is national poetry month! I just discovered that yesterday! So in honor of that, I will share with you that one of my absolute favorite poems is William Shakespeare's "Sonnet 18". It is one of the more well known ones in his collection of sonnets, and however cliche it is, I love it. The title doesn't really let you know which poem it is, but if I started reciting it, you'd know what I was talking about. Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate. Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May; And summer's lease hath all too short a date... I could keep going. But I won't.

Guess where my friend Nathanael is today. The Western Quidditch Cup! He's there with a bunch of Nerdfighters, so he texted me and asked me what they are (I don't know how he figured I would know, but he was right!) and I replied with, "They're people who, instead of being made of nerves and tissue and stuff, are made entirely of awesome. Also fans of John and Hank Green." If I do say so myself, I quite like my reply.

Today, I had nothing to do, so I decided to actually try to start my homework before 10 PM on Sunday night, and I was actually able to finish. I didn't have much homework, so that helped, but I felt so productive, and now, there's nothing that I have to do this weekend! So after that, I spend the majority of my day on the computer or playing Solitare with actual cards (which is a lot harder without the hint button!).

Now, I can either clean my room, stay on the computer, or go read. And because Hayley G. Hoover provided me with a Magic Eight Ball in her BEDA post today, I shall ask that.

Me: Should I clean my room?
Magic Eight Ball: Absolutely.
Me: Are you sure?
MEB: Definitely.

Welp, looks like I'm going to go (attempt to) clean my room.

Disneyland Trips: 4 (But I planned to go again with Bianca on the 19th!)
Books Read: 7 (I'll continue to read after cleaning my room)

No comments:

Post a Comment