Monday, April 30, 2012

Improv and coffee house

I hope you all enjoyed the poem from last time, and I apologize for not having made another post sooner.  I've been a lot busier than I thought I would be.

I'm not yet ready to say goodbye to performing in high school...  This Friday is a Coffee House and Improv night and I'm performing in both!  The first half, coffee house, is when people can go up and perform whatever they want, be it singing, dancing, a monologue, stand up comedy, whatever you want! Auditions for that were today and I'm singing For Good from Wicked with my friend Lisa, and she'll be playing it on piano.  I didn't know if we were going to do it for sure or not until today at break, so we just practiced for the first time today at break, lunch, and after school.  Except we only had the piano at break, so the rest of the time we were just working on harmonies because I am horrible at them.  I'm singing Glinda's part, but doing the high harmonies that go with Elphaba's part because Lisa can't play piano and harmonize at the same time so she asked me to do it.  And when we went to audition today, there was no piano in the theater, so he just had us sing acapella for our audition.  He said we were fine, just to work on the harmony because I screwed it up again.

And improv is basically like Whose Line is it Anyway.  There's six of us and we do a bunch of improv games and it's a lot of fun.  I did it last semester, and I'm really glad I get to do it again this semester.  I'm also glad that I get to stretch out my time before I have to say goodbye to high school theatre for good.  I'm not looking forward to the drama club banquet in two weeks because that will be a sad day.

ONE. MONTH. UNTIL. GRADUATION.  It's so close but so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment