Thursday, April 19, 2012

I am so ready for college.

This has been my first week back at school after spring break, and although we didn't have school on Monday and today is only Thursday, it feels like the longest week ever (albeit, it could have something to do with the fact that it's hell week, but that's beside the point).

I'm in English class right now and I just finished my last ever independent reading test.  EVER.  The play I read was pretty good, Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett, but I'm just so glad it's over.  It just means that I'm one step closer to school being over.  One step closer to graduating.  One step closer to college.

I visited LMU on Sunday, the college I'll be attending.  It was incredible.  I absolutely love it there.  The campus is so beautiful, and the people are so friendly, and the screenwriting program is amazing.  The head of the screenwriting department is just such an awesome person and I can't wait to have class with him.  The current students majoring in screenwriting are really nice and they seem just so passionate and dedicated to their choice major.  One of my favorite things is that every Monday night, the school of film and television shows a movie, and a person who worked on the movie comes to talk about it and answer questions after.  I know what I'll be doing every Monday night next year!  I just paid for the commitment deposit last night, so it's now official: I'm in the LMU class of 2016!  Go Lions!!

It's just...seeing life on that campus made me so excited for college.  I'm over high school.  I don't want to do any work.  I just want to perform The Diviners, go to prom, Gradnite, Boscars, and then graduate.  Senior exit interviews are next week.  Once those are over, there is barely a month left of school, and then graduation is on June 1.  We're in the final stretch.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not just an oncoming train.

No comments:

Post a Comment