Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer Reading

Now that I'm out of school for summer, I will have much more time to read.  Just yesterday I finally finished The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan, and I'm still working on American Gods by Neil Gaiman, but I'm almost done. I can probably finish tonight.  I've also got, literally, piles of books on the floor of my bedroom just waiting to be read, and I'd like to read at least some of them before making another trip to the One Dollar Bookstore (aka heaven).  So, in no particular order, here is my list of books I would like to read this summer.  Books in italics are ones I'd like to reread.
  • Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare (summer assignment for AP Lit)
  • King Lear by William Shakespeare (summer assignment)
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (summer assignment)
  • Othello by William Shakespeare (summer assignment)
  • The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank
  • An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
  • Paper Towns by John Green
  • The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
  • The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
  • The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
  • Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
  • Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
I realize I probably won't be able to read all of these, because my summer is surprisingly quite busy.  However, if you have any recommendations of books to read, that would be highly appreciated, because I'm always up to add things to the list! Also, if there's anything on this list you wouldn't recommend I read for some reason, please let me know.

Happy summer!

Books read: 10
Disneyland trips: 6
Current song: White Dress - Parachute

1 comment:

  1. Nice lot of books... But I do hope you meant 'The Northen Lights' when you mentioned 'The Golden Compass'... DON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE EVER AGAIN

    And Paper Towns is fantastic. I'm reading it at the minute. Have you read Looking For Alaska?

    ReplyDelete