Friday, May 27, 2011

A week of change

Life is full of changes.  Some small, some big, but you can't avoid it.  Everything changes sometime or another.  And this week has been a big week of change.  Our house was painted green, we got new windows, I got a haircut (and it's now really short), and my sister graduated high school.

Yes, that's right, my big sister is now a high school alumni.  Her graduation was this morning.  I thought I might cry during the actual ceremony, but surprisingly I didn't.  It was pretty sad because I do know quite a few of the seniors who graduated and it's possible that I'll never see them again.  Ah, well, I guess that's why Facebook was invented, right?  Keeping in touch with old friends.

But it wasn't until after the graduation ceremony and after we had lunch that I cried.  I was walking with my parents in the parking lot of Red Robin and my dad pulled that gag on my mom where you tap someone on the opposite shoulder and they look and no one's there.  I don't fall for that anymore, but my mom did.  And we laughed about it.  Then I said, "Erin did that to me at school once!  I didn't fall for it, though."  That had just happened this week too.  Then I realized, I'm not going to see her at school anymore.  Not ever again.  I think that thought is what got me, and I started to cry.  I've gone to the same school as Erin since kindergarten, except for that one year when I was in 8th grade and she was a freshman.  She's always been there.  I'd see her at school, I could say hi to her, ask her for help if I needed it.  And now, she just won't be there anymore...

She's going off to college in September.  Her school is about 7 hours away-- not exactly close.  And I'll still be home.  I won't be going to the same college as her.

And now I'm going to be starting my senior year!  Going through this all over again, but it'll be much worse because it'll actually be me and my friends graduating and going off to college.

Things just aren't going to be the same anymore.

Books read: 9.5
Disneyland trips: 6
Current song: Uh, none, but Forever Young has been stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment