Monday, May 23, 2011

I hate the phrase, "There's other fish in the sea".

It's just like saying, "There's other people in the world", so why don't you say that instead?  And it's not like it's a very helpful expression.

I don't care if there are other fish in the sea.  They're all different.  Let's say I want an angel fish.  If I want an angel fish, I want an angel fish.  But if I can't have the angel fish for whatever reason, I don't want to have to settle for a clown fish, or a flying fish, or a trout, or an angler fish.  The fishes could have some similarities and qualities that they share, but it wouldn't be the same.  And that other fish wouldn't make you feel the same as the angel fish.  Any other fish would be too different and it just wouldn't be the same.  I don't want another fish.

Books Read: 9.5
Disneyland Trips: 6
Current Song: Your Ex-Lover is Dead - Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment