Tuesday, August 14, 2012

No college anxiety, just excitement

I totally meant to attempt to blog every day in August (or at least frequently), but August came and it completely slipped my mind. Now, it's halfway through the month and I'm remembering that I have a blog. It's not that I've been busy doing other things. I've been distracted by Tumblr and YouTube and not to mention getting ready for college.

I move into my dorm in ten days, and classes start in thirteen days. As of right now, I'm just really excited. I have a great schedule with three hour breaks for lunch every day and only one class on Fridays, and I'll be living with one of my best friends, and I already met an awesome Nerdfighter/Whovian/Felicia Day fan at orientation and we've been talking on Facebook since then so I'm really excited to see her again! I'm excited to be an adult, going to college, studying what I'm passionate about, having more independence, etc.

I honestly don't feel any nervousness at all. That's making me a little scared though, that the night before I move, I'm going to have an anxiety attack or something. I'm hoping that won't happen.

I went shopping for a bunch of dorm stuff last week, and we were able to check most things off my list. We got plates, bowls, cups, utensils, hampers, storage things, shower caddy, pillow, sheets, etc. We even got a bunch of basic things like toothpaste and shampoo and deodorant and floss. I'm going to Target tomorrow to hopefully get everything else.

I just absolutely cannot wait to start school. It's a new chapter of my life. I'm going to learn so many new things and meet so many new people! And it's the first step on my journey of becoming a screenwriter and living my dream.

In other news, I'm starting a collab channel on YouTube with some other people about college. We're in a few different years and we're all studying different things and we're going to talk about our college experience and what we're learning, and we'll possibly have weekly discussion topics. We're planning on hopefully starting the first week of September, so keep your eyes open for that.

Best wishes!

p.s. When I clicked "new post", I had absolutely no idea what I was going to talk about, I just knew I wanted to write a blog post. This is what came out of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment